Application Deadline Extended to July 19 for Temporary Rent Support Program
Monday Jul 13th, 2020
The Baltimore City Department of Housing & Community Development (DHCD) has extended the application deadline for the City’s Temporary Rent Support program to Sunday, July 19, at 7 p.m.
On July 1, DHCD began accepting applications for the program to assist residents who have lost income due to COVID-19. This program supports eligible renters by making rent payments to landlords on behalf of tenants.
To be eligible applicants must:
- Rent an apartment or house in the City of Baltimore
- Have a valid and current lease signed by their landlord, or documentation of a tenancy arrangement
- Have lost income because of COVID-19
- Have been current on rental payments as of March 31 (or current on any agreed-upon payment plan)
- Live in a rental property that was registered and licensed with the City of Baltimore during the period from April 1 thru June 30