Plans & Reports
- NOTICE - Public comments are now being accepted for the drafted Amendment to the Baltimore City Annual Action Plan for Program Year 2019 (City Fiscal Year 2020) to Include CDBG-CV Funded Activities. The referenced funds were awarded through the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act. The comment period ends May 29, 2020.
Submit comments to Susan Moriarty.
- NOTICE - Public comments are now being accepted for the revised Citizen Participation Plan. Revisions to the plan enable abbreviated public comment periods and social distancing public engagement and distribution methods during declared health emergencies. The comment period ends May 29, 2020.
Submit comments to Susan Moriarty.
- NOTICE - Public comments are now being accepted for the drafted May 2020 Amendment to several Annual Action Plans pertaining to CDBG and HOPWA funds. The comment period is for four weeks, through June 10, 2020.
- The Winter, 2020 NOFA funding round for housing and community development projects has been announced.
Follow this link for HOME Investment Partnership Program information.
(See note below regarding deadlines.)
Posted 3/2/2020 - Due to the fact that the State of Maryland’s Qualified Allocation Plan (the “QAP”) for 9% Low Income Housing Tax Credits (the “LIHTC) is not yet finalized, and until further notice, Baltimore City DHCD will be suspending the established deadline for the submission date for those seeking HOME funds in conjunction with the upcoming 9% Low Income Housing Tax Credit round. Additional updates will be posted on the DHCD web site as they become available.
Annual Action Plans
The Annual Action Plan serves as the application to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) for funding received through four federal formula grant programs:
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG)
- HOME Investment Partnerships (HOME)
- Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG)’ and
- Housing Opportunities for Person With AIDS (HOPWA)
The Annual Action Plans identify activities that will be undertaken to implement strategies included in the active Consolidated Plan.
FY 2020 Annual Action Plan, Summary of Activities
Previous Annual Action Plans
5-year Consolidated Plan
The final 5-year Consolidated Plan as submitted to HUD marks a new 5-year plan for the period 2015-2020. The Federal Fiscal Year (FFY) 2015/City Fiscal Year (CFY) 2016 Annual Action Plan marks the first year of this five-year Consolidated Plan. The Annual Action Plan identifies the activities to be undertaken during the fiscal year beginning July 1, 2015.
Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER)
The City of Baltimore annually releases a Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER) for the federally funded Emergency Solutions Grants (ESG), Housing Opportunities for Persons With AIDS (HOPWA), HOME Investment Partnership (HOME) and Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) programs. The report identifies financial resources received through the ESG, HOPWA, HOME, CDBG programs; describes activities funded through these programs and their relationship to community development objectives; and assesses the City’s success in meeting goals contained in the most recent Consolidated Plan.
For Fiscal Year 20-25, DHCD has provided an extensive overview of accomplishments as well a request for capital funds to support the agency's mission.
Download the Capital Improvement Program Request for FY20-FY25.
Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice (AI)
The 2011 Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice (AI), which was funded by Baltimore City and Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Harford and Howard Counties, includes a Regional Section, as well as a Local Section for each of the jurisdictions listed above.
Copies of all Local AIs and the Regional AI are also available at the Enoch Pratt Free Library, 400 Cathedral Street, Maryland Room, Baltimore, MD 21201.