COVID-19 Rent Support Information
Baltimore City has launched a temporary rent support effort designed to help people who have lost income because of COVID-19 pay their rent. The program will support eligible renters by making rent payments to landlords.
THE APPLICATION PERIOD HAS BEEN EXTENDED UNTIL JULY 19, 2020 AT 7:00 PM
To be eligible:
- You must rent in the City of Baltimore
- You must have a valid and current lease signed by your landlord
- You must have lost income because of COVID-19
- Your landlord must have a valid rental property license
- You must have been fully paid-up on your rent as of March 31 (or current on any agreed-upon payment plan)
- A copy of your valid, current lease, or documentation of a month-to-month tenancy arrangement, signed by your landlord;
- Proof of income from before the COVID-19-related income loss for all adult members of the household; and
- An ID that matches the name on your lease.
You will have to submit:
- The online application;
- Information on how COVID-19 caused your income loss, and a certification that your income loss was due to COVID-19;
- Unemployment Notice of Benefits Eligibilty Letter, if you have received one;
- Information about filings by members of your household for unemployment benefits and the status of those filings.
The application process will close on July 19, 2020, at 7:00 p.m.
Funding is limited. Not every applicant will receive assistance. Priority households for consideration include:
- At least one member of the household 60 year old or older
- At least one child under 18
- Three or more people in the household
- No one in household approved for unemployment benefits
- Accept the City subsidy and tenant payment as payment in full for the months back rent is owed;
- Waive any late fees, interest and penalties for the months back rent is owed, between April 1 and June 30; and
- Not pursue eviction for non-payment of rent during the months covered by the program, or duing July or August, 2020.