Vacant Property Resources and Information Page

Snippet from Page Cover for Vacant Building Resources Page


Every year, DHCD responds to nearly 70,000 citizen requests from 311, conducts 250,000 housing inspections, issues 30,000 violation notices, issues 30,000 citations and registers 55,000 properties.  While DHCD is generally acknowledged as a national leader in the work of code enforcement and the efficient, effective and data-driven delivery of local government services, we welcome the public's increased involvement in holding owners of derelict properties accountable.

City Council Bill 19-0429 requires the Department of Housing & Community Development to post signage on vacant buildings that will identify owners so that they can be held accountable by the public.

You can find PROPERTY-OWNER INFORMATION right here on our website. 
(If an owner has not registered a property, property owner information can be found by visiting CodeMap.)

This page is also a centralized location directing the public's attention to various resources providing information on properties throughout Baltimore city. 

Questions? Call 410-396-0896 for more information.


Progress Snapshot - March thru June of 2022.
Progress Snapshot - July thru September 2022

  • The GIS tool, CoDeMap (Short for Community Development Map), provides information to help users make data-informed decisions.  The tool portrays on-ground conditions, real estate activity, etc., on a parcel-, block-, neighborhood-, and citywide level.
  • Learn more about Judicial In Rem:  Judicial In Rem Foreclosure allows the Baltimore City Department of Housing & Community Development (DHCD) to foreclose on the liens on a vacant lot or building where the value of the liens exceeds the assessed value of the property, and thereby take title to the property.

SELECT THE FOLLOWING LINKS to view for information on properties as indicated:

Open Baltimore (for a listing of all Vacant Building Notices)
Active Notices (to search by a specific address)
Cases in Court 
Permits Search
BMZA Appeals 

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS) about Housing Inspections
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Vacant Buildings
Vacants Violation Reporting Fact Sheet
Vacants Nuisance Properties and Safety


Please call 311 if a property needs to be cleaned, boarded or if other assistance is needed.