DHCD COVID-19 UPDATES
AGENCY OPERATIONS AND ADJUSTMENTSFOR EVERYONE'S SAFETY, DHCD HAS:
- SUSPENDED - In-person services for permits and plans review (construction/building permits).
- SUSPENDED - In-person services for licensing and registration (property, contractors, and alarms).
(443) 984-1809 for Permits and Plans Review, or
(410) 396-3575 for Licensing and Registration
- Construction inspections are continuing as normal.
- All occupied interior inspections are being handled on a case-by-case basis.
RENEWAL OF LICENSES, PERMITS AND REGISTRATIONSPer the Governor's Executive Order, licenses, permits, and registrations that may expire beginning March 5 are extended until 30 days after the end of Maryland's State of Emergency. DHCD issued rental licenses and permits expire on various dates, based on the date of issuance. So any such licenses and permits coming up for expiration following March 5 would be automatically extended during the current state of emergency and for 30 days after the emergency is lifted, per the Executive Order. Our trade licenses and property registrations all expire on the calendar year (December 31), and may not be impacted. However, the public has the opportunity to keep such licenses and registrations current because of our online ability to generate renewals.
- The Summer Food Service Program is now accepting applications to be a site during the COVID-19 school closures.
- Currently, the program dates are March 18, 2020 - March 27, 2020. If you are interested in becoming a site during this time to serve "grab and go" meals, please click HERE for more information.
- A list of current locations for mobile delivery is available HERE. Mobile meal trucks will deliver free breakfast and lunch for youth seven days a week.
STATUS OF CITY SERVICESTo view a snapshot of the status of overall city services, click HERE.
SMALL BUSINESS ASSISTANCE
Small businesses in Baltimore City are eligible to apply for millions of dollars in funding through the federal Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program (EIDL). Small businesses and private non-profit organizations can apply directly to the SBA for financial assistance here: disasterloan.sba.gov/ela/