To view a snapshot of the current status of DHCD operations, click HERE.
See more detailed overview of DHCD Emergency Response and Action Plan HERE.
FOR EVERYONE'S SAFETY, DHCD HAS:
Services are available online at dhcd.baltimorecity.gov.
- SUSPENDED - In-person services for permits and plans review (construction/building permits).
- SUSPENDED - In-person services for licensing and registration (property, contractors, and alarms).
For these key construction related items, the public can also call:
- Permits and Plans Review: 443-984-1809
- Licensing and Registration: 410-396-3575
- Building Inspections: 410-396-3470
- Electrical/Mechanical/Plumbing Inspections: 410-361-9270
- Construction inspections are continuing, with some modifications to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- All occupied interior inspections are being handled on a case-by-case basis.
Per the Governor's Executive Order
, licenses, permits, and registrations that may expire beginning March 5 are extended until 30 days after the end of Maryland's State of Emergency. DHCD issued rental licenses and permits expire on various dates, based on the date of issuance. So any such licenses and permits coming up for expiration following March 5 would be automatically extended during the current state of emergency and for 30 days after the emergency is lifted, per the Executive Order. Our trade licenses
and property registrations
all expire on the calendar year (December 31), and may not be impacted. However, the public has the opportunity to keep such licenses and registrations current because of our online ability to generate renewals.